I’m going to give you frequent updates and informations about Blockscape from now on.
And I may improve some stuff on the website from time to time.
So the first update is a new Snapshot which got released today, the most important changes are:
- Multiplayer got some neat improvements, works a lot better now
- You are now able to customize your character
- The performance increased even further
For a detailed list of changes click here.
A new Version with fixes just came out today, read about the details here.
You can download the new Snapshot at the Download section.
If you find bugs or like to discuss with the community, please visit the forum.
Notice that Blockscape is still in development, bugs and glitches may happen. Creating a backup of your current savegame is highly suggested.
After lots of trial and error… here is my decal-tiling-shader-splatting hybrid method in action:
You can’t have one! Not yet anyway. And why is that?
Well, as you may have seen in the forum Jens is currently busy remaking the entire engine.
But soon… really soon.
Jens is currently working on “really cool things”… but they are still secret.
Some things are that the world will become more detailed and there will be smooth surfaces.
This is just a start.
One minor update to this page is that there are now more links under the Community tab.
If you have a link you would like to see there then please use this thread for it.
The devlog posts will no longer show up on the frontpage due to them being totally uninteresting for people who just wanna play the game and not read about all the boring stuff Jens do in the back
Instead, the devlog posts will now show up under the devlog page. That page also got a makeover.
A new category have instead been added called “New Releases”. It means just what you think it means…
Added some stuff below the footer. A place very few will ever visit…
Changed the two menu links called “Media” and “Community”. It is like Zanktus said in the forums. Totally unecessary to have links just leading to yet another link. We aim to make you click as little as possible. Have to watch them carpal tunnels after all.
Removed the Instagram widget due to bad use of the blockscape tag.
Added a searchfunction there instead. Wee…
Also added keymappings under the “Help” tab. Gracefully taken straight from the wiki (more or less )
Suggestions? Comments? Constructive feedback? Post them in the forum!
Blockscape merchandise is available now!
Adam Francis (GNRfrancis) is running the shop and for questions and suggestions you should talk to him over at the merchandise section in our forum.
New snapshot is out!
- xmas edition
- New smoother lighting for point light sources (light blocks, fire, fireflies)
I am the guy responsible for the new homepage. Well, the stuff behind the scenes at least because
the layout is more or less Jens’ old one.
So what’s new?
The Instagram box on the startpage. Here images tagged with #blockscape will be shown. Random order and only 1 at the time.
More questions answered in the FAQ section. And yes, I have taken it upon myself to bug Jens so he will update the page more frequently, or at least send me stuff so I can update it.
I’m really gonna bug him about this. Believe you me!
When it comes to questions about the page, whatever they may be, then send them to me so Jens can use his time to develop the game
Well… you can’t really mail me any atm but I’m gonna ask Jens to get me a mail account soo… use the forum for now.
New snapshot is out!
- User placed blocks take no time to remove
- Fluids are now saved
- Fluids can now be used in cube/state models
- Added a simple torch cube model
- Fire spread now works correctly on wood surfaces
- Fire no longer burns on not flammable surfaces
- New horizontal column tool
- Column cube types now works with metal material
New snapshot is out!
- Windowed mode: Fixed “program is not respoding” when switching to another application for a couple of seconds.
- Fireflies emits light now.
- Fireflies will no longer spawn out at sea or underwater
- Fixed underwater texture rendering errors.
- Fire light is now twice as bright
- Crafting now works facing any direction